- Professor (Dr.) Madabhushanam Sridhar Acharyulu (known with pen name Madabhushi Sridhar) is an Author of 30 books on Law & Journalism both in English and Telugu languages. He was professor of law at National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) University of Law at Hyderabad till 20th November 2013 which he resigned to take up the position of Central Information Commissioner at New Delhi on 22nd November 2013.
- He wrote four books on Right to Information subject. He was a resource person at training workshops on Right to Information for the Information Commissioners organized by National Law School of India, Bengaluru and Center for Good Governance, Hyderabad. He was training different administrative officers, scientists, engineers and academicians at Administrative Staff College of India ASCI Hyderabad on RTI. Some of his popular books are: Right to Information-Law and Practice, Nirbhaya Act, Legal Language, Law of Expression, and Alternative Dispute Resolution. Professor Sridhar is given Best Teacher Award by Andhra Pradesh Government in September 2013.
- A double post graduate with LL.M., and M.C.J (Journalism) from Osmania University, Madabhushi achieved FIVE Gold Medals in all. Madabhushi has penned more than 100 research articles, developed lessons in Media Law and Journalism, presented papers at International and National Seminars on subjects of socio-legal importance and a columnist both in English and Vernacular Telugu on socio-legal issues in Daily Newspapers and the web journals. He wrote edit page articles in Eenadu, the Largest Circulated Telugu Daily and Property Law matters in Deccan Chronicle, Indian Express, The Hindu and The Hans India, Hyderabad. Besides, he also designed and presented various legal awareness programs on popular tv channels like ETV and HMTV. His BhoomiKosam(=for land) program on HMTV has spread awareness about land rights in AP. He wrote several articles on media and law in www.thehoot.org and indiacurrentaffairs.org websites.
- At NALSAR University of Law Hyderabad, he was coordinator of Center for Media Law and Public Policy and Registrar, Coordinator of NALSAR Proximate Education, MHRD Chair Professor of IPR in 2009-10. Prior to 2005 he was engaged by AP Government to draft legislation on Right to Information Bill. He led the teams to draft the legislations on Right to Redressal of Grievances, Rent Controls, Abolition of Child Labour and Compulsory Education, for Andhra Pradesh Government. For International Water Management Institute (IWMI) he studied thousand judgments of District Courts on enhancement of compensation for Land Acquisition, and presented an analytical report, based on which a paper also was presented at International Workshop on Inter-linking of Rivers and Issues, at New Delhi in 2009. For ILO he studied the status of Contract Labour in Andhra Pradesh in 2008. Dr. Madabhushi is also associated with the efforts of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights in evolving recommendations on education of children to abolish child labour.
- Born on 10th November 1956 to Freedom Fighter and Founder Editor of Janadharma Weekly and Warangal Vani Daily, Late M. S. Acharya and Mrs. Ranganayakamma, Dr Sridhar is educated in Masoom Ali High School, AVV Junior College, CKM College, Law College Warangal, and Osmania University, Hyderabad.